- Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault (MOCSA) is recognized as the area’s leading provider of services related to sexual assault. They can be called 24 hours a day. 816-531-0233 or MOCSA web site
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) operates a National Sexual Assault Hotline.
RAINN educates the public about sexual assault; and leads national efforts to prevent sexual assault, improve services to victims and ensure that rapists are brought to justice. They can be called 24 hours a day. 800-656-HOPE (4673) or RAINN web site.
PREVENTING SEXUAL ASSAULT FOR STUDENTS
Now more than ever is a critical time to educate both students and parents on the subject of sexual assault, for everyone’s safety. In collaboration with some experts on the topic, COLLEGESTATS.org designed a guide, which is full of important information, current statistics, and useful guidance on the subject of college campus safety and sexual assault awareness.
SEXUAL ASSAULT EXAMINATIONS
If you are a victim and are in need of a sexual assault examination, the following locations have Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) available.
- St. Luke’s Health System
4401 Wornall Road, Kansas City, MO
- Truman Medical Center
2301 Holmes, Kansas City, MO
- Research Medical Center
2316 East Meyer Blvd, Kansas City, MO
- Children’s Mercy Hospital (16 years and younger)
2401 Gillham Road, Kansas City, MO
Kansas City North
- St. Luke’s Northland Hospital
5830 Northwest Barry Road, Kansas City, MO
- North Kansas City Hospital (COVERSA)
2800 Clay Edwards Drive, North Kansas City, MO
- Liberty Hospital
2525 Glenn Hendren Dr., Liberty, MO
Kansas City East
- Centerpoint Medical Center
19600 E. 39th St. S, Independence, MO
- Lee’s Summit Medical Center (COVERSA)
2100 S.E. Blue Parkway, Lee’s Summit, MO
Kansas City, Kansas
- University of Kansas Hospital
KU Medical Center
3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, Kansas