- Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Kansas City Missouri Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal Investigation.
- All information provided to the Kansas City Missouri Police Department pursuant to the WatchKC program is reserved for official law enforcement use by the Kansas City Missouri Police Department and will not be released to any member of the general public or press except:
- as required by law or Court Order or
- to the minimal extent necessary, if at all, to further the investigation which may include sharing portions thereof with
- other law enforcement agencies or
- solely for the purpose of assisting with the identification and/or apprehension of a criminal suspect, to the media and/or the community, through the use of still photographs for the purpose of creating community advisories, fliers or billboards.
- When necessary for a criminal investigation the Kansas City Missouri Police Department will contact you directly, using the information provided on this site, to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
- Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent and/or employee of the Kansas City Missouri Police Department the WatchKC program.
- Under no circumstances shall the Kansas City Missouri Police Department utilize any information obtained to view footage/feeds directly from cameras owned by registrants.
- Registration in the WatchKC program does not confer any greater rights than any other member of the public concerning any response to a criminal complaint or criminal activity by the Kansas City Missouri Police Department and the registrant should in no way regard this WatchKC program as a monitoring or security device.
- Checking the designated box at the top of the form indicates acceptance of the above terms and conditions.