Board of Police Commissioners Meeting Agenda – Tuesday, September 29, 2020
9:30 a.m. – City Hall, Council Chambers – 26th Floor, 414 E. 12th Street, Kansas City.
1. Call to Order – Invocation – Chaplain Leonard LaGuardia
2. Councilwoman Heather Hall, Public Safety Committee
3. KCMO Finance Department presentation, (TAB A) Deputy Director Nick Sarpy
4. Chief of Police Richard C. Smith a. General discussion
5. Public Comments
6. Approval of minutes (TAB B) a. August 25, 2020
7. Executive Services Bureau – Deputy Chief Karen True (TAB C) a. Budget Transfers for Fiscal Year 2020-21 b. Supplemental Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2020-21 c. Renewal of Bid No. 2017-12, Automotive Tires d. 2020-2021 Traffic Services Grant Awards e. 2019 Project Safe Neighborhood Subaward f. Shotspotter Maintenance Renewal 2020-2021 g. Missouri Western Interdiction and Narcotics (MOWIN) Task Force 2019-MU-BX-0110 h. Communications Unit Update i. General discussion
8. Professional Development & Research Bureau – (TAB D) Acting Deputy Chief Gregory Dull a. Academy class summary b. General discussion
9. Investigations Bureau – Acting Deputy Chief Greg Volker (TAB E) a. Investigations Bureau reports b. General discussion
10. Administration Bureau – Deputy Chief Shawn Wadle (TAB F) a. Regional Crime Lab monthly statistics b. Human Resources Personnel Summary c. General discussion
11. Patrol Bureau – Deputy Chief Karl Oakman (TAB G) a. Monthly Crime Summary b. Traffic Summary Report c. General discussion
12. Office of the General Counsel – Ms. Jenny Atterbury (TAB H) a. POLU Monthly Report – August 2020 b. Private Officer Licensing Appeal – KCCT/Kevin C. Schnell
13. Office of Community Complaints – (TAB I) Director Merrell Bennekin a. OCC Monthly Reports b. OCC Policy Proposal Review
14. Audit Committee Update
15. Mr. David V. Kenner
16. Mayor Quinton Lucas
17. Commissioner Nathan Garrett
18. Commissioner Cathy Dean
19. Commissioner Mark Tolbert
20. Commissioner Don Wagner
21. Scheduled Meetings
Tuesday, September 29, 2020 9:30 a.m., at City Hall, Council Chambers – 26th Floor, 414 E. 12th Street, Kansas City.
Tuesday, October 27, 2020 9:30 a.m., at KCPD Headquarters, Community Room, 1125 Locust, Kansas City.
Tuesday, November 10, 2020 9:30 a.m., at KCPD Headquarters, Community Room, 1125 Locust, Kansas City.
Tuesday, December 8, 2020 9:30 a.m., at KCPD Headquarters, Community Room, 1125 Locust, Kansas City.
22. Informational Items (TAB J) a. Budget Summary Report for July 2020 b. KCPD Grant Summary Report c. KCPD Credit Card Summary Report d. Donated Property Summary Report e. BOPC Monthly Report, OCC Investigations
23. Consent Agenda Items (TAB K) a. Project #1325: Response to Resistance b. Project #1310: Residency Requirements c. Project #1306: Americans with Disabilities Act d. Project #1327: Post-Employment Health Plan (PEHP)
24. Motion to go into Closed Session a. Closed session: litigation matters b. Closed session: personnel matters c. Closed session: labor negotiations
***This meeting will be open to the public pursuant to the guidelines and up to the capacity limits set forth by the City of Kansas City, Missouri City Hall and the Mayor’s Emergency Orders. Face masks will be required. Public comments will be limited to 25, with the speakers chosen by lot; each speaker will be given two minutes to provide comment. The meeting will also be live-streamed on the City Government Channel (Channel 2) and the City’s website (kcmo.gov).