- Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault (MOCSA) is recognized as the area’s leading provider of services related to sexual assault. They can be called 24 hours a day at 816-531-0233 or MOCSA web site.
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) operates a National Sexual Assault Hotline.
RAINN educates the public about sexual assault; and leads national efforts to prevent sexual assault, improve services to victims and ensure that rapists are brought to justice. They can be called 24 hours a day. 800-656-HOPE (4673) or RAINN web site.
PREVENTING SEXUAL ASSAULT FOR STUDENTS
Now more than ever is a critical time to educate both students and parents on the subject of sexual assault, for everyone’s safety. In collaboration with some experts on the topic, COLLEGESTATS.org designed a guide, which is full of important information, current statistics, and useful guidance on the subject of college campus safety and sexual assault awareness.
COVERSA provides 24-hour on call service to sexual assault patients ages 14 and older. COVERSA refers patients under age 14 to Children’s Mercy Hospital for post assault care. Additional services can be found on the COVERSA web site.
COVERSA Sexual Assault Outreach Center Locations
- Belton Regional Medical Center, Belton, Mo.
- Cass Regional Medical Center, Harrisonville, Mo.
- Centerpoint Medical Center, Independence, Mo.
- Excelsior Springs Hospital, Excelsior Springs, Mo.
- Lafayette Regional Health Center, Lexington, Mo.
- Lee’s Summit Medical Center, Lee’s Summit, Mo.
- Liberty Hospital, Liberty, Mo.
- North Kansas City Hospital, North Kansas City, Mo.
- Olathe Medical Center, Olathe, Kan.
- Overland Park Regional Medical Center, Overland Park, Kan.
- Ray County Memorial Hospital, Richmond, Mo.
- Research Medical Center, Kansas City, Mo.
- St. Joseph Medical Center, Kansas City, Mo.
- Western Missouri Medical Center, Warrensburg, Mo
SEXUAL ASSAULT EXAMINATIONS
If you are a victim and are in need of a sexual assault examination, the following locations have Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) available.
- St. Luke’s Health System
4401 Wornall Road, Kansas City, MO
- Truman Medical Center
2301 Holmes, Kansas City, MO
- Research Medical Center
2316 East Meyer Blvd, Kansas City, MO
- Children’s Mercy Hospital (16 years and younger)
2401 Gillham Road, Kansas City, MO
Kansas City North
- St. Luke’s Northland Hospital
5830 Northwest Barry Road, Kansas City, MO
- North Kansas City Hospital (COVERSA)
2800 Clay Edwards Drive, North Kansas City, MO
- Liberty Hospital
2525 Glenn Hendren Dr., Liberty, MO
Kansas City East
- Centerpoint Medical Center
19600 E. 39th St. S, Independence, MO
- Lee’s Summit Medical Center (COVERSA)
2100 S.E. Blue Parkway, Lee’s Summit, MO
Kansas City, Kansas
- University of Kansas Hospital
KU Medical Center
3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, Kansas